Valentine's Day Gift Ideas for Your Crush
Valentine’s Day is the perfect time for a heart-to-heart with your secret crush. Let Cupid give you the extra nudge you need to find out if that special someone you’ve admired from afar feels the same way about you!
While you may be petrified of rejection, a Valentine’s Day card or small gift could very well open the door to a spectacular new romance. So, throw caution to the wind! Even if your crush rebuffs the advance, at least you’ll know where you stand.
Valentine’s Day is a tailor-made opportunity to bare your soul with a variety of options that can be store-bought or handmade for a more personal touch. All you need is a little courage and some old-fashioned ingenuity to see if sparks will fly.
Here are some tips that might help you find out:
- Don’t Hold Back: Put your feelings down on paper. Sending a note or card not only lets your crush in on your secret but also strategically avoids face-to-face contact. Using the written word also gives your crush a chance to think about how to respond.
- Do Your Homework: Ask his/her friends about your crush’s hobbies and interests then incorporate them into your gift. If he loves chocolate chip cookies, make a batch. Or, if she swoons over chocolate-covered strawberries, try dipping some of your own.
- Be Creative: Add to the mystery by sending cards or small gifts a week before Valentine’s Day and sign the cards, “your secret admirer.” Reveal your true identity on Valentine’s Day in a note attached to balloons, flowers or candy.
- Other Gift Ideas: Make a CD of songs you think your crush will enjoy. Use a permanent marker to write a note like “I like you” or “You put the song in my heart” on the CD or cover. Get a nutty candy bar or wrap up a bag of assorted nuts and write: “I’m nuts about you” on the card. Wrap a small box of chocolates and write “I’m sweet on you” on the package.
- Use Conversation Hearts: Use this Valentine’s Day candy staple to convey your true feelings. You’ll be sure to get your crush’s attention if you pick through the bag and select Be Mine, Love You and Kiss Me. If you plan far enough ahead, you can even have your own messages stamped on the confection.
- Send Flowers: You can’t go wrong by sending a pretty floral arrangement. Seal the deal by including a note or poem about how you feel.
- Reveal Yourself: This is no time to remain anonymous. If you’ve poured out your heart you’d better be sure you take the credit by signing your real name!
There’s no guarantee that your crush will return your feelings but you certainly won’t know until you try! Good luck!
email sign up, find the perfect gifts for your friends & family
Thank you for signing up!